Today’s homes are tight and energy efficient. Unfortunately, sealing duct leaks and perimeter gaps eliminates natural fresh air pathways. Over time, contaminants begin to build up in the living area, which can create serious health issues for those with asthma, allergies and other respiratory ailments.
Our Comprehensive Approach to Air Quality Issues
At Pro Air Heating & Cooling, we recognize the importance of keeping your home healthy and safe. If you suspect that you may have an indoor air quality (IAQ) problem, we can create a total home approach that will eliminate pollutants, foul odors and airborne toxins.
- Mechanical Ventilation: Bringing fresh air into your home from outdoors is the key to restoring healthy IAQ. Fresh air ventilators run independently from your HVAC system and are calibrated to introduce the precise quantity of fresh air needed to keep your family healthy and alert. During the exchange process, an equivalent amount of musty air is exhausted.
- Air Purifiers: A central filter is a foundational element in the battle to keep your indoor air clean. Filters are available in a variety of configurations, including pleated, cabinet, electrostatic, fiberglass and electrically powered units. Filter effectiveness is measured by the MERV rating, which is an indication of the size and quantity of particulate matter the filter can trap over a specific period of time. Before you change filters, check with a qualified HVAC contractor to ensure your system has sufficient static pressure to accommodate a high-efficiency filter.
- UV Lamps: Southeast Georgia has a long summer cooling season, and the dark, moist environment inside the evaporator coil is the perfect place for mold and fungi to grow. Black mold is particularly dangerous and can contribute to a variety of respiratory illnesses. A UV germicidal lamp uses ultra-violet light to kill toxic microscopic organisms. Installing a UV lamp will keep the air inside your home clean while improving the performance of your HVAC equipment.
Healthy Indoor Air Quality
Your family will enjoy many benefits when the indoor air is healthy and free of pollutants.
- Improved Health: Consistent exposure to airborne contaminants can intensify respiratory issues such as asthma, COPD and allergies. The elderly and young children are especially susceptible.
- Better Equipment Performance: When the air inside your home is dirty, filthy grime begins to build up on vital HVAC equipment components. This will negatively impact efficiency and may lead to premature equipment failure.
- Less Home Cleaning: Dust in the air eventually settles on your furniture, countertops and floors. When the air quality system does its job, your home will need to be cleaned less often, and the air will remain free of unpleasant odors.
The Best Indoor Air Quality Solutions
Pro Air Heating & Cooling Heating & Cooling provides complete indoor air quality services to homeownes in Rincon, Guyton, Pooler, Springfield, GA, Bluffton, SC and the surrounding communities. To learn more about our IAQ solutions, call one of our friendly comfort specialists today.